Category Archives: General News
Are you an Amazon shopper? Did you know about AmazonSmile? AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com, including Amazon Prime benefits. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice. It’s seriously that easy.
So support our school when you shop for holiday gift! Click here to sign up. And, thank you, as always, for your support of our amazing elementary school.
Kids love giving gifts almost as much as receiving them! Peppermint Village Gift Shop makes it easy, safe and affordable for children to holiday shop from the convenience of their very own school. Your child will have the opportunity to make purchases for family members and friends during Peppermint Village starting November 29th – December 5th. Your child’s teacher will let you know the day the class plans to visit, so if you would like your child to participate, please send money in the envelope sent home on Monday. Thank you!
Please join us for “Bedtime Stories with Dad” tonight from 6:30 – 8. We’ll have books to read, refreshments, and dads will get the first opportunity to shop with their children at our book fair. This is always a fun event and a great kick-off to both the holiday season at Florence and the book fair. See you there!
Hey, parents! Fun Run money is due TODAY! PTA needs time to make sure the prizes for fundraising are awarded correctly, so please don’t delay. If you have questions, please contact Becky Oltmanns. Thank you for your continued support of our school!
That’s right, come by this morning for Coffee Talk with our principal and our PTA president, Stefanie Palasota. The informal event starts at 8:30 in the auditorium. See you there!
Tonight is Spirit Night at Spring Creek BBQ of Keller from 5-9. Spring Creek will give back 20% of all of their sales during that time to Florence Elementary! You can dine-in or even order take-out. It will also be a class contest so be sure to tell them at the door who your teacher is. Speaking of teachers, they will be there serving bread and helping out… it will be an event you do not want to miss!
Also, while you’re at Spring Creek, go ahead and pre-buy your wristband for Saturday’s carnival. A table will be set up outside of the restaurant. See you there!
Who & When:
- Grandparents or a “Grand person” in your child’s life!
- If your student’s last name starts with A-M, join us on Thursday, 9/29. If the last name starts with N-Z, join us on Friday, 9/30. However, if you cannot attend on the assigned day, please feel free to come on the other day!
What to do:
- RSVP all “Grand visitors” below in order to expedite check-in, and help us prepare.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes prior to the start of your student’s lunch in order to check-in!
- As with all visitors, “Grand visitors” will need to check-in with their Driver’s License.
What to expect:
- Come and enjoy lunch with your grandchild during their regular lunchtime. You may purchase lunch in the cafeteria (cash or check only) or you may bring lunch for you and your grandchild. The lunch schedule is on the reverse page.
- After lunch, enjoy dessert with your grandchild from the cookie bar near the library.
- Visit the craft room to make a keepsake of this special day.
- Additionally, the Book Fair will be open in the library if you would like to look through the books with your grandchild. Purchasing a book is optional.