Hey, parents! Fun Run money is due TODAY! PTA needs time to make sure the prizes for fundraising are awarded correctly, so please don’t delay. If you have questions, please contact Becky Oltmanns. Thank you for your continued support of our school!
That’s right, come by this morning for Coffee Talk with our principal and our PTA president, Stefanie Palasota. The informal event starts at 8:30 in the auditorium. See you there!
Tonight is Spirit Night at Spring Creek BBQ of Keller from 5-9. Spring Creek will give back 20% of all of their sales during that time to Florence Elementary! You can dine-in or even order take-out. It will also be a class contest so be sure to tell them at the door who your teacher is. Speaking of teachers, they will be there serving bread and helping out… it will be an event you do not want to miss!
Also, while you’re at Spring Creek, go ahead and pre-buy your wristband for Saturday’s carnival. A table will be set up outside of the restaurant. See you there!
Who & When:
- Grandparents or a “Grand person” in your child’s life!
- If your student’s last name starts with A-M, join us on Thursday, 9/29. If the last name starts with N-Z, join us on Friday, 9/30. However, if you cannot attend on the assigned day, please feel free to come on the other day!
What to do:
- RSVP all “Grand visitors” below in order to expedite check-in, and help us prepare.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes prior to the start of your student’s lunch in order to check-in!
- As with all visitors, “Grand visitors” will need to check-in with their Driver’s License.
What to expect:
- Come and enjoy lunch with your grandchild during their regular lunchtime. You may purchase lunch in the cafeteria (cash or check only) or you may bring lunch for you and your grandchild. The lunch schedule is on the reverse page.
- After lunch, enjoy dessert with your grandchild from the cookie bar near the library.
- Visit the craft room to make a keepsake of this special day.
- Additionally, the Book Fair will be open in the library if you would like to look through the books with your grandchild. Purchasing a book is optional.
Just a reminder that tomorrow is FLAG Day! The ceremony begins at 8:05 a.m. and we hope you will join us. Please remember that: Kindergarten students need to wear red, white and blue. First Graders need to wear red. Second Graders need to wear white. Third Graders need to wear blue with a pocket to hold their flag. Fourth Graders need to wear red, white and blue. Scouts are encouraged to wear their uniforms.
We have a few open positions on PTA that need YOU! If you’ve been wanting to get involved, maybe one of these jobs will be a perfect fit. If you need any further information, please contact Stefanie Palasota at email@example.com.
Health Services (For someone wanting a less-involved job.)
– Supporting school nurse as needed.
– Coordinating activities for Red Ribbon Month (October) with the FES counselor and helping with Casey’s Kids if needed.
– Maintaining and/or purchasing recess equipment (balls, jump ropes, etc.).
– Helping P.E. Teachers with Jump Rope for Heart.
Falcon Press (Great job to share with a friend!)
– Responsible for editing, illustrating, document pagination, laminating, and binding books written by the students.
– Responsible for organizing volunteers and determining new game needs/supplies with P.E. department.
Our first PTA meeting is this Friday, September 2nd, beginning at 9 a.m. in the auditorium. Please come and learn about the many opportunities to help out our amazing school. We’ll see you there!
Tuesday, August 30 | 5 – 8 p.m. | 1002 Keller Parkway
Go grab dinner AND raise some money for Florence Elementary! After all, who doesn’t love a chicken sandwich (and those waffle fries)? Don’t forget to mention the school name as you order, that way we are certain to receive financial credit for your purchase. See you there!